October 10, 2010

My potted garden

Herbs are ridiculously easy to grow, and I've had great luck with rosemary and basil for the past 3 years. This year, my basil started showing signs of decline earlier than previous years, but I still had several good harvests for pesto, spaghetti sauce, pico de gallo and other miscellaneous recipes. Rosemary makes the porch smell so wonderful I bought two more recently and they're thriving. Once it gets too cold for all these beauties, I'm not too sure where their winter home will be, but I've got a sunny window in the office in mind...

Basil up top. Clockwise from bottom left: mixed lettuce, rosemary 1, rosemary 2, avocado tree, elephant ear, ponytail palm.

From left: kalanchoe, spearmint, Greek oregano, rosemary 3, hyacinth, mixed lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment