September 29, 2010

"I feel like a bear"

These beauties were dinner last night:

Two-inch-thick, wild-caught US salmon steaks. Delicious! Halfway through dinner, John says, "I feel like a bear." Agreed.

With all this media about genetically modified salmon, I figured I would give props to the real thing. The real thing doesn't have strains of viruses like E. coli making up its cells. I hope you will educate yourself about genetically modified foods before you consume them. It is your choice, but it really needs to be an educated choice. I, for one, don't want to purposefully introduce E. coli, in however minuscule a dosage, into my body intentionally. Enviropig and commodity crops that are "Round-up Ready" pose the same risk.

In order for a live thing or donor animal to accept genetically modified cells and not reject them, the live thing has to allow the GM cells to invade its healthy cells. What invades cells? Viruses. Bacteria. Little gold pellets with GM cells inside injected by force into the healthy cells.

Fish, corn and pigs procreate all on their own. Let's let them keep doing what they've always done.

No comments:

Post a Comment